My friend Mary Susan tagged me in her recent blog. So in the tradition of the game, I have to say 10 honest things about myself and then pass the joy along! Since most of you know quite a bit about me already, I tried to think of things you would only know if you've lived with me (So, Scott and Maura, this wont be news to you). Here we go.
10. I don't turn on the lights in the morning, or if I do, I try to turn them off as fast as possible. I really like the dark. You can trace that back to the fact that I grew up in Alaskan sun.
9. I like the smell of freshly cut grass. For some reason it reminds me of watermelon, and that contributes to why I often crave watermelon in the summer.
8. I search for jobs on the Internet all the time. I still haven't quite figured out what my dream job is or ideal future employer. I have favorite sites to look at jobs. I look at jobs in Provo and I look at jobs in cities I think I'll live someday. Or I'll search for a job with dreamy qualities. Some times I search jobs because I'm bored, and sometimes it has a more imminent purpose. Lately it's been some of both...
7. I don't like football season. Not because I don't like football - I've grown to enjoy a good football game - but because I can't break my husbands focus to get a good conversation during the Fall.
6. I can't resist the door-to-door inner city sales people. I'm just so proud of them that they are doing something with their lives. I may not need a magazine subscription, but I can donate it! And I'm still using the AMAAZZZING Wonder Spray I bought from the beautiful black girl from Chicago.
5. And while we're on the topic of business, I have to keep a notepad by my bed for all of the entrepreneurial ideas I get in the middle of the night. But when I wake up in the morning, they never make sense enough to go through with it.
4. I crave pancakes and crepes. Crohn's seems to like those a lot, and my secret fear is that the craving is actually making Crohn's worse. But I avoid thinking about that because German pancakes are so nummy. We eat them at least once a week... more like twice.
3. I sleep with a fan on every night. I think I've trained my body to need white noise in order to fall asleep, unless I'm exhausted. It all started when I would nap in the spare bedroom in Alaska after church on Sunday. Next to the spare bedroom was an air purifier or something.
2. I like to be organized. I keep all my clothes organized in my closet by cardigans, shirts, polos, long sleeve shirts, sweaters, pants, short skirts, long skirts, dresses. OCD, right? That is merely one example. One of my biggest problems is that I don't feel comfortable not being mostly packed for a trip a couple days before I leave and I have to unpack my suitcase and put it away right when I get home.
1. I really enjoy people watching and eavesdropping. It provides good entertainment when you're by yourself at a restaurant, airport, or your husband's flag football game. If you walk past, and I'm spacing out, I'm either eavesdropping or thinking of my dream job... or dream avocado tree...
But that's another story.
People I tag: