01 May 2013

Bob's Red Mill - Portland



I've wanted to visit Bob's Red Mill since we moved to Oregon. Bob has a plethora of whole grain and gluten free products. Though their product line is admirable, the main reason I wanted to visit Bob's Red Mill was their cafe (Breakfast from scratch served until late afternoon, need I say more?).

As it so happened, the perfect time to visit Bob's was during my parents long lay over in Portland before our travel. It was a Saturday, around noon, and a long line had formed inside to eat at the cafe.


Our group was torn between the amazing Red Mill breakfast and lunch options. I ended up choosing the vegetable omlet with Bob's Red Mill biscuits. The omlet was tasty, but the star of the meal was Bob's biscuits! I could have eaten four more and taken a dozen with me on the plane! They were not much to look at, but clearly whole grain flour, flakey, soft, and addicting.


Scott enjoyed the French dip.


I would love to return to the Red Mill for another meal the next time I'm in Portland, but whether or not that happens, I will definetly be finding Bob's biscuit mix in my grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment