20 July 2012

Gathering Together Farm - Philomath


I've wanted to visit Gathering Together Farm since a colleague recommended it last summer. I LOVE the concept of farm to table, and that is exactly what Gathering Together is - a farm and restaurant. In fact, they even have their fresh produce for sale inside.


The Gathering Together Farm Restaurant is only open for lunch on week days. So I pulled Morgan along with me for a summer lunch. The restaurant was really busy, as evident by the fact that they asked us if we had a reservation when we arrived. We had planned to take our lunch to go anyway, which I think is a bit unorthodox to ask for from a farm to fork establishment. They obliged, nonetheless.


Morgan and I decided to share a margherita pizza. At the counter where we order our pizza, we noticed a case of their fresh baked pastries, including these potato donuts. Of course we chose chocolate glaze and it was so lovely! The perfect finish too after our pizza lunch.


While we waited, we decided to take a seat inside. It was refreshing to sit next to the produce area and take in the smells of freshly picked herbs and veggies. We were hoping that they would have berries we could purchase, since Oregon is berry country. Gathering Together did have some strawberries for purchase, but the only other fruit we saw for sale that day was pears. According to their blog, Gathering Together grows berries. So we'll just have to keep an eye on their weekly menu or farmstand reports to see if we can grab some before they fly off the shelves.


The pizza was a bit small for sharing, but it actually turned out to be the perfect size lunch for us (including our dessert, of course). I really enjoyed my lunch and am anxious to take my family to Gathering Together Farm, as I know they would really enjoy the gourmet farm atmosphere and eats.


1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I love the concept and totally want to support that kind of business. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete