19 April 2012

Philadelphia Indulgence Chocolate Cheesecake

A few weeks ago I scored an awesome deal on Philadelphia Indulgence spread using coupons at my grocery store. Of course I got dark chocolate! Was there even a question? Before I even entered the store I knew what I wanted to use the indulgence for... chocolate cheesecake! Does anyone else get on cheesecake kicks? Well, to my dissapointment, there were no sponsored recipes for Philadelphia Indulgence chocolate cheesecake. So I made one up, and even more it was successful!


Now I'm not saying that this is the ultimate chocolate cheesecake recipe, but it will sure get you by if you have this indulgence spread in your refrigerator. My friends say that it was divine... sorry, got lost in Emma.

Creamy Chocolate Indulgence Cheesecake
adapted from Our Best Bites

2 8-oz. packages of dark chocolate Philadelphia Indulgence spread
3 eggs
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream (not the low-fat or fat free kind)

CRUST:
1 1/2 c. graham cracker or chocolate wafer crumbs
1/3 c. white sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Combine crust ingredients and very gently pat into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes to set the crust before adding the batter. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, beat the indulgence spread, adding one egg at a time, until combined. Add in the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Add the sour cream and mix well. Pour batter into pan and wrap the pan with aluminum foil or a turkey roasting bag (I should use one because my springform pan is leaky). Place the wrapped pan into a larger baking or roasting pan and fill the larger pan with water so it comes up about 3/4 of the side of the springform pan.

Bake for one hour or until filling is custard-like. The cake should jiggle like firm Jello, and should NOT be liquidy. You can tell because the chocolate color becomes darker. Don’t overbake. Turn off the heat and crack the oven and allow to stand for another 20 minutes or so. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours. DON’T remove springform sides until cake has set for 8 hours. This chocolate indulgence cheesecake is pretty rich, so you can make 12-15 servings. I served our cheesecake with a homemade caramel sauce and thought it was the perfect pair.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. Love the Emma reference. I have a pkg of that in my fridge- but I use it to spread over strawberries. It is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy! I think it would make a good chocolate cream cheese frosting for a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this in the grocery store the other day and salivated over it! The cheesecake sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are you making this next? Definitely worth a trip to Oreong!

    ReplyDelete