22 February 2012

OMG and Other Slang

Thank you public broadcasting (and Mom) for yet another tidbit into the fascinating lives of other people. PBS Newshour shares Jessica Beinecke's story of fame, coming from her YouTube slang teaching video channel OMG Meiyu.





Oh, the power of vlogging! I was impressed that when asked what was next for her OMG channel, Jessica's reply was that she hoped her followers would take the online community into real life discussions. Really I was impressed that the answer wasn't to make millions in advertising.

I checked out this video she posted for Valentine's Day. She is BUBBLY, for sure! Doesn't she remind you a bit of Japanime? But since when do we say Supes and Totes?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed this as much as I did! I love her enthusiasm. Way to use all that great education and cultural experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she doesn't actually say "supes" and "totes" in her daily life.

    ReplyDelete