11 July 2011

The Original Breakfast - Albany

Business Card image, scanned July 2011

The Original Breakfast is something that I noticed on our first trip to Albany. Whether it is the bright purple exterior that caught my eye or sign that says it it World Famous for being featured on the Food Network, doesn't matter. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals, in fact I would dare say... favorite! There are so many facets to breakfast, savory, sweet, liquid. It's tastiness has no bounds! And thus visiting The Original Breakfast became a priority for me from the beginning of my Oregonian experience. When my dad suggested going out to eat on the 4th of July, I was ecstatic to know The Original Breakfast had holiday hours!


Breakfast was excellent! I am a pancake kind of girl, and the pancakes were scrumptious. They had crispy, crunchity edges and I've been racking my brain and wealth of Food Network knowledge to try and figure out how they achieved that. Butter, Paula Dean? And a less dense batter... that's my best guess anyway.

I wish I had taken a picture of their Red, White, and Blue Waffle special. It was there belgian waffle topped with a MOUND of fresh strawberries and blueberries over a cream cheese whipped topping.  It created a stir in the restaurant and was definitely more than festive! They also had some impressive monster biscuits that should  have been documented, but I didn't want to look like a stalker. 

Instead I took this picture of my mother, who now may never pose for another picture by me. Sorry, Mom! Your presence and meal had to be documented.

I tried and tried to find the Food Network episode referred to on their sign (assuming Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives), but even this FN Restaurant Locator didn't have the reference. So we'll just have to take The Original Breakfast's word for it and trust that they are indeed "world famous." You can trust me, though, when I say that their breakfast choices were extensive and delicious. I recommend visiting The Original Breakfast if you are driving up I-5 (or visiting me) and have a hankerin' to break your fast.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you took pictures of your food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, i HATE pancakes. trevor made them once when my parents were out of town - they were totally burned on the edges and RAW in the middle. and he made me eat like 14 of them because he didn't want them either, ha! so now i hate them.

    but the pictures are cute, and it looks like you had a wonderful time :) i love going out for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food network reference indicates a local commercial they ran on the food network. At least that is what one of the waitresses told my husband when he asked.

    ReplyDelete