20 July 2011

Frog and Toad

Our apartment complex has garden plots for tenant use and I decided to put together a winter garden. While I'm waiting for seedlings to start, I decided to thin out some of the basil on my porch that is THRIVING! I'll keep some on my porch and some in my new garden plot.

So I came home from work and grabbed my trowel and basil. But when I grabbed the pot of basil, I found that I had a friend comfortably lazing underneath.


I'm not sure HOW he got up to the second story balcony deck, but I figure he wanted to wait out the rain under my basil pot. He lay curled up like that for another five minutes before the light woke him up and he clumsily hopped off to find a new home. I wonder if he has relatives in the area...

3 comments:

  1. I love that book: frog & toad!!!! I also loooooooooove this lil one you found!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the heck did that thing get up to your balcony?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, please tell me that you let out a little scream! I can't believe that you are so calm about the critter.

    ReplyDelete