22 July 2011

All Aboard!


Hidden in the middle of Lebanon is the old railway station. I discovered it one day after visiting a quasi furniture store. They don't sell hunchback furniture, they just aren't exactly an 8-5 establishment.

Anyway, the City of Lebanon has converted this old building into an office of sorts. I've found a couple similar railway stops throughout the area, which brings to mind all sorts of Avonlea-type scenes. I sat outside the station for awhile hoping I might see a train and wave enthusiastically as it went by.



I'm glad that Lebanon has had the good sense to preserve these historic buildings and even make use of them. The trains still go through the area, though they are mostly for cargo transportation now.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you crack me up. I can't believe how much sight-seeing you are doing. It's awesome. Still trying to figure out what "quasi" furniture is...

    ReplyDelete