24 December 2010

Christmas Lights of Elk Grove


Saw these Christmas lights in Elk Grove, CA yesterday! Christmas light routes sure have changed since my dad would "drag" us around Sitkan streets on Christmas Eve. I guess technology will do that. As a kid I dreaded getting into the car for the traditional event, but ALWAYS ended up enjoying the beautiful lights and colors. Funny now that I'm older that I initiate Christmas light routes, and the new generation of nieces and nefews are murmuring!

So get this... I planned out a route, starting with what was rumored to be a neighborhood FULL of lights. We planned to walk around the neighbor, and then check out three lights synced to music starting with the house in the video. Well we get to the rumoredly lit neighborhood, and few houses had lights. So we drove around trying to figure out if we were on the wrong street.

Finally, we decided that we would go to the first house with music. It was awesome! Which made all the other houses I had planned a poor sight in comparison. Second house was lit with music but not exactly "sync"ed. The third house that was on the list of houses with music.... well...
This is what we found when we got there... Three trees! That's it! We were all laughing so hard. Felt like we'd been punked or something. The route I had planned was not perfect, but it definitely accomplished the goal of family togetherness in the Christmas spirit. We sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Santa Clause is coming to Town with the radio, as we tried to find any house with lights on it in Sacramento.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the light show and animated lights. I watched it, and then made Jason watch it too. We both love TSO, so that made it even more fun to watch. Very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun was that! I'm still chuckling over the last house. I just want to know if they ever realized that a lot of people were driving by to see their "trees", haha, good times. Thanks for making our Christmas traditions even better.

    ReplyDelete