23 July 2010

Favorite Summer Recipes 2010

Scott said he took a personality test the other day, and it asked him if he liked to try new entrees when he visited a restaurant. He said yes, and when he told me this I was a little confused. "Uh, where did you get that idea?" We were sitting in Kneaders eating our ever favorite Turkey Bacon Avacado on Foccacia (I mean, really?! Nothing beats this sandwhich. If there isn't a Kneaders wherever we go to medical school, I may need to start a franchise with someone elses' money.). We don't order anything else at Kneaders, though supposidly Scott has thought about what he would buy if he had endless supplies of cash to try everything on the menu. I reminded him that when we go to Subway we order the same thing every time. When we go to mexican restaurants it's usually the same deal, with little variation. Typically we test until we find a menu item we love, and then we don't deviate!

Keeping that in mind, our summer lovin' for dinner recipes pretty much includes the following recipes weekly:

Lemon Pepper Orzo from Jandee Jones at Little Piggy Food Blog
Homemade Pizza from Annie at Annie's Eats
Cheese Enchiladas with Green Chili Sauce, a recipe I learned from Erik Burmudez
Tomato Basil Fritata
Tacos (I prefer salsa chicken tacos, but Scott likes the beefy kind)
Yummy Blueberry Pancakes

Lately when I've made these recipes, I receive a gasp of pure enjoyment from Scott, like his food life could not be any better. This is especially the case with lemon pepper orzo. Maybe someday we'll go around to restaurants with the purpose of trying all new things, but for now I'm going to stick with what I know wont fail to please.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Scott just wants to believe that he's a rebel. But all of us know the real truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. We now have a TON of zuchini on our hands. Thank you lovely nieghbors! But my first attempt in cooking it was not so tasty. I take that back, it was good, but now I'm already tired of zuchini. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zuchini bread with choc chips!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that orzo, so glad you like it....and I think you should post your frittata recipe, it sounds amazing. Oh yes and I put zuchini in my lasagna and in my pasta sauce in lieu of meat sometimes, we like it.

    ReplyDelete