28 July 2010

Journal Entry

The best part about writing a personal blog is that I can choose when to write! No need to write every day because of the pressure to make your readers happy. If I don't feel like I've done anything noteworthy to share, then no need to blog. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to write. Writing is such a great release for me and an opportunity to express my creative side. But writing a blog post, just because I haven't written in a day or two, seems a little bit like my elementary school journals.

I'm sure you have one of those diaries! My journal from third through fourth grade is filled with dates and one line statements, "Nothing happened today." I remember looking back at this journal when I was in middle school, and being very upset. I'm sure SOMETHING happened that day. What was I studying in school? Who did I sit next to in the lunchroom or play with on the playground? What did I do with my brothers? Looking back on those journals, I miss seeing the value of a simple day.

So here's what we've been up to lately:
Scott submitted his primary applications to a selected group of Osteopathic Medical schools. His personal statement turned out way better than the many drafts before. I was extra excited to see that a new osteopathic medical school is opening it's doors in Oregon, where my parents are considering moving and where Scott has family! We added that to the group for application.

Everyone has asked if I have registered for classes yet for the MBA program I am starting at the University of Massachusetts. I am so excited about the program and was dissapointed not to receive my login access to register for classes. So I called the office today to see if they had received all of my official documents. I am SO glad I called, because all of my documents had arrived but they hadn't been connected to my profile because they were under my maiden name. The woman was so nice to help me and I should be able to register in a week!

Other than that, Scott and I have just been enjoying the summer of softball games, baby showers, wedding receptions, and just hanging out with family and friends. We are planning a BBQ bash for Scott's graduation in August. Check out the sweet invite I made in the Adobe Creative Suite. Now I just need to print.

1 comment: