14 April 2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Morning

This incident may actually be the cause of many if not all of my back dated blog posts.

On the eve of Monday, April 5 I discovered a large spread of ants in my pantry trying to steal my Fruit Loops. It was disturbing to say the least. I'm not a fan of bugs or crawling/slithering things. But Scott is so good to calm down my crazy when it comes to things like this. He quickly sprayed the visible ants with home pest killer spray we had from our previous apartment, and clean up all the pantry walls, shelves, and food therein. Yay for husbands!

We kept monitoring the situation with the bug spray, and by Wednesday it appeared that all the ants were gone. I couldn't see any more coming from the previous corner source. And as I left our apartment that morning to go to work, I grabbed my lunch on the table, only to see that now our front wall above our dining table was now lined with ants (picture doesn't show the ants determined faces and fangs). Ugh! Ewww! I grabbed the spray and managed to stop them all in their tracks. But as I left the house with my lunch unaffected, I kept thinking about this pesty problem.


I got in my car and started my drive from Springville to Provo. I was thinking about how we should probably tell our landlords, and wondering how many ants would be crawling around when I got home.... when I heard a clink on my windshield. Maybe more like a crackle. I had just reached the point where Old State St turns onto 9th East, heading up to campus. I looked around, and saw no rocks or people throwing rocks, or cars around me that might have turned up a rock. Nothing! But then as I looked again, I saw this thin white line snaking across my windshield. I watched as the crack went from one side of my car to the other.


And that is the crack that broke my tear canals. Then all the thoughts came of all the things I had to do at home, in addition to fixing my now broken windshield. I pulled over on the side of the road and called Scott. He told me to calm down and go to work. I went to work, but was too overwhelmed to think. So I took the afternoon off to fix things.

It was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad morning. Time to move to Australia! You never know, there may even be a good medical school in Australia that would give Scott a scholarship.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh yuck@ Good for you to take time off in a very desperate situation! Scott better be giving lots of TLC :) How 'bout the Bahamas or Carribean first though! (Sounds like a great place for us to visit!) Besides I hear the bugs in Aussie are way bigger and worse!

    ReplyDelete