20 February 2010

In-N-Out Scripture

Did you know that In-N-Out prints a scripture on all their packaging? My coworker Katie informed me of this the other day, because her grandparents were in town and they collect items that can be used as scripture or spiritual object lessons. Katie's grandparents are in love with In-N-Out scripture references at the moment, and while taking an RV trip were stopping at the fast food chain every chance they got.

Scott and I visit In-N-Out on a regular basis now that it's in Orem, thanks to Martie and Curtis Chandler's lovely gift card present to us for Christmas. Once I heard there were scriptures on the bottoms of cups, we of course had to investigate ;)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now, we could probably debate which franchise had the best tasting/looking burgers and fries, but I'm thinking that in and beyond the taste test, you will find that In-N-Out wins the race to goodness with their willingness to share the gospel in each bite. Read this article for more info on the scriptures on various packaging and how the preaching all began at In-N-Out.

P.S. Yes we were sitting at the handicap table. It's still a packed house at lunch time!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...i learned something new today. I am always lookng for an excuse to justify a burger from In-n-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven and I went there today I wish I had read your post earlier. That is very interesting thanks for sharing!!!
    PS We went at lunch time and it was packed only the handicap tables were open- but because Steven and are better people we stood for a while until a table that was not handicap opened...and I am a fat prego lady!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that In and out was better than most and not just from a burger point-of view! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete