18 February 2010

A Beautiful Cottage


Isn't that the most darling house?! This adorable cottage in the valley of Springville is my second favorite home in the city. Maybe first... it's a tie!

I noticed this house when we first moved in, with it's beautiful porch and red shutters. It's just so quaint. Then Scott started home teaching the man who lives there. When I realized it was just a single dad of sorts (he has foster children) I couldn't believe how well kept the place was. And the decorations for Christmas! Ugh, so cute!

I'd like to say that this is the look of my future home, except in some country side with my avacado tree playing in the front yard. My provencial life dreams are currently exaggerated as I just finished A Year in Provence, by Peter Mayle, lent to me by the beautiful Jandee Jones. Fun book, though not much of a plot. Mostly just makes you hungry for a hearty five course meal, in your backyard vineyard. I had to follow up reading the book by making a French meal for Scott. I think I did pretty good, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment