06 August 2009

Favorite Dances of the SYTYCD 2009 Season

This summer season of So You Think You Can Dance is coming to a close tonight. I must admit that I am not as enamored with this season as I have been with casts in the past. The dances were all beautifully choreographed (even the Russian Folk dance, stop downing it Nigel! It's unprofessional!) but the dancers didn't bring the magic for me that I have come to anticipate. Speaking of unprofessional, the judges really need to lay off Evan. I think they've been trying to boot him out for the last six weeks. Just let America decide and stop ragging on the cutey-patootie during the final show... that he earned!

The final four have caught me off guard. I would never have expected some of them to make it as far as they did. I'm not a huge fan of Jeanine, but I did love her solo on Wednesday. Probably THE BEST solo of this summer season - well played. Kayla is by far my favorite dancer of the season, though, so I am glad she made it to the Top 4. She is honestly capable of dancing any dance, in any style, perfectly. And her grandparents are so adorably emotional!

I've listed below the only dances this summer to have really brought the magic for me this season, Gravity being the highlight for me, a highlight of the TV series! SYTYCD is my favorite show of the summer, and the only show I attempt to watch every week. Not sure how I feel about a fall season yet, though they are starting on the right foot by coupling the premier with Glee.

I Only Have Eyes for You - Choreographed by Tyce Diorio - Danced by Randi and Evan

Felt Mountain - Choreographed by Wade Robson - Danced by Ashley and Kupono

Jum Bah Day - Choreographed by Louis Van Amstel - Danced by Kayla and Max

Hot Like Wow - Choreographed by Brian Friedman - Danced by Kayla and Max

Koop Island Blues - Choreographed by Mia Michaels - Danced by Randi and Evan

Gravity - Choreographed by Mia Michaels - Danced by Kayla and Kupono

Libertango - Choreographed by Leonardo Barrionuevo & Miriam Larici - Danced by Janette and Brandon

Ruby Blue - Choreographed by Wade Robson - Danced by Janette and Brandon
(which is appropriately musicked because this dance reminds me of Rubi Jones!)


Love Sex Magic - Choreographed by Napoleon and Tabitha - Danced by Janette and Ade
Kick It - Choreographed by Sonya Tayeh - Danced by Kayla, Melissa, Jeanine
Boys Boys Boys - Choreographed by Wade Robson - Danced by Top 4
(Couldn't find a picture this quickly)

1 comment:

  1. I am a fan of anythinkg Wade Robson, Mia Michaels and Shane Sparks (in that order)! My vote for the overall winner had to go to Brandon though-he blew it when he wore board shorts instead of his speedo during the finale!!

    ReplyDelete