22 August 2018

Life Snapshot: August 22

I spy Scott...
Workout Date at our Apartment Complex Gym
Vancouver Tidbits: I decided I needed a haircut and am convinced that I look more like myself when my hair is chin length with a slight A line. Since we just moved, I decided to look for a new hairstylist on Instagram using city tags. Grace Borman popped up in my search, and I'm so glad! Grace is finishing beauty school, but I didn't realize that when I made the appointment because her posts of cuts and colors were professional quality. Grace was super nice and did a great job with my new do!

Just Finished Reading:
Jane of Austin by Hillary Manton Lodge

Currently Reading:
What Made Maddy Run by Kate Fagan, my favorite female ESPN reporter

Part of My Spiritual Study: BYU Devotional - Hard Sayings and Safe Spaces
His speaking style comes across a bit Evangelical, but his message needed to be said and was written well.

Church Calling: Mia Maid Adviser
Scott and I just got new callings this week, so we're excited to actually start meeting with the youth this coming Sunday. Scott will be teaching youth Sunday School.

On the Telly: Two Netflix movies adapted from great books...
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
and
To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Favorite Eats: Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
I love ranch, but I haven't been able to eat store bought ranch in awhile because most brands use MSG as a flavor enhancer. MSG is number one on my biggest food offenders list. Then Primal Kitchen pops into my life, mostly because I moved back to the land of organic produce and paleo eaters. I bought six bottles when they went on sale at my local store (its more expensive but so worth it when you look at the ingredients compared to what you used to buy). This dressing is DELISH! Now I'm eating salads all the time! Mix yourself up some of your favorite salad veggies, shredded sharp Tillamook cheese, bacon bits (everything is better with bacon), grilled chicken, and avocado. Top it off with this salad dressing. You're welcome.

Dr. Hubs: The sports medicine fellowship has begun, and Scott's loving it. It's nice to see him enjoying work, when he's spent so many years studying, working long hours to get to this point. In medical school, you don't have a lot of information to go off before picking a specialty. Then you cross your fingers that  it will be something you look forward to every day and its worth the investment. Though he's only in the first month of this fellowship year, Scott's already come home with great stories about his training. We're feeling so happy to have been matched to this experience. At some point we'll need to start thinking about where to take this gig more permanently, so if you love where you live and know of an opening for a Sports Medicine Physician, let us know.

My favorite moment from this last week: While visiting my parents in Southern Oregon, I was working from their media room. My mom had spent the morning serving in the local pear farm and came home looking like Cinderella with her hair pulled back in a bandanna. She came into the room where I was typing on my laptop and asked if there was anything I needed. Though I had set myself up pretty well for the morning of work, my mom insisted that she filled up my water bottle. She took my water bottle into the kitchen and yelled "Would you like ice, too, Kate?" It made me want to sing the Cinderellie song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment