20 February 2013

Still Couponing

I realized that I haven't blogged about couponing in Oregon in quite some time. My last post contained all the nitty gritty about my favorite places to use and find coupons. We haven't had a newspaper subscription while in medical school, so I have mostly used internet coupons, coupon inserts from family or colleagues, or purchased on ebay clipped coupons if there's a really good deal that we will use in our house.


I love shopping at Rite Aid. There is one near my house and one not too far from work. Rite Aid has excellent deals on toiletry items and sometimes candy or food. My last shopping trip to Rite Aid included using internet coupons to purchase these five Garnier hair products for the price of one on sale, or about $0.60 each. I definitely buy more shampoo than conditioner, because we don't use conditioner fast enough to keep up.


The coupon blogs that I follow on my Google Reader alerted me to a deal on Mahatma rice packages. These little rice packs were on sale for $0.99 and there was a 50 cent coupon available from a newspaper coupon insert. Safeway in Oregon will double any four coupons up to 50 cents at each shopping trip. So I can use these coupons to get free rice for the Food Drive. Yay for charitable couponing!

I've talked to a few people about my couponing, and each time they tell me they just don't have time. I will admit that it takes some effort. I have coupon blogs updating A LOT on my google reader, but they do most of the work for me by finding deals and matching them to coupons. I usually just click and print or visit an online coupon clipping service. Besides that minute effort, the only other work is shopping for the right products; and I'm pretty sure I can spare some time to shop!

1 comment: