03 December 2012

Grass Roots Books and Music - Corvallis



I won a gift certificate to Grass Roots Books and Music at a campus event this Fall. I will admit that despite the conversations I've had in my MBA classes about the future of books and the fall of local brick-and-mortar book stores, I continue to shop online and hadn't bothered to investigate of Grass Roots previously. I wasn't sure if I would even be able to find anything in this small Corvallis shop inventory that I wanted.

Boy was I wrong! While this downtown bookstore had little space, they filled it to the max with a fantastic selection. I was searching for children's books for my nieces Christmas gifts. They had many lovely books that I was considering, but in-store did not have the exact books I had in mind. I checked out their online inventory access and found so many options and at decent prices! AND my book purchases were shipped for free to the store for pick-up in only a couple of days! Marvelous!

I'm all about supporting local, and I would be especially sad to see brick-and-mortar bookstores extinct! So take this as my official seal of approval for Grass Roots Books and Music. Fantastic service, excellent inventory, quick shipping if needed, and lovely atmosphere!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I go back and forth too. Especially with my e reader. I just cant seem to fully commit to real books or the electric version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on the beauties of an ACTUAL book and how tainted we are now with the induction of fake readers :)

    ReplyDelete