03 February 2012

The Return of Flat Stanley

I'm not really sure what Flat Stanley sees in Lebanon, Oregon that would prevoke a second tour, but we gladly welcomed his visit from Sterling K's class.

During his last visit we hit up some typical Willamette Valley attractions, so I wanted to switch it up a bit for Stan. You may notice that Stan had some reconstructive surgery. He looks a bit different, but I didn't ask any questions.

We took Flat Stanley up with us to Portland one weekend, where he visted the Rose Garden, home of the Trailblazers. We didn't go for a basketball game though...

We went to watch a cheerleading competition. See how Flat Stanley energetically waves to this Tiny team? Hey ladies!

Then I most definitely took Flat Stanley to see all the sheep we have in this area. I thought for sure, with all the facts I've heard about sheep in church (of all places) that Oregon was the number one sheep grower state. Wrong! But we are in the top 10. Look how green the grass is, and it's February!

Then to top it all off we had Flat Stanley visit Scott's school again, but this time we had a little ceremony and inducted Stan as the first flat medical student at Western University - COMP NW.

The short white coat fits him so well!

Bye, Flat Stanley! So sorry you didn't get to visit France!

3 comments:

  1. Flat Stanley is welcome in Central Point! Tomorrow is Chinese Festival in Jacksonville to celebrate the Year of the Dragon. Since I was born in a Dragon Year I think we will go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flat Stanley and cheerleading competitions.. I love them both! (secretly of course! :o) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if you didn't always show him such a good time he wouldn't keep returning! I know you made Sterling's day:)

    ReplyDelete