18 January 2012

Snow Day at OSU

On Monday a message was sent out on Corvallis area Facebook pages that OSU would cancel morning and late evening classes Tuesday due to inclement weather. It had flurried a little on Monday and Tuesday was expected to bring two more inches of snow to the mix.

That's right, two. Portland was slightly worse, - I heard 4+ inches on the news Tuesday morning.

This is how the student newspaper reported the cancellation of classes:


For those who didn't click on the photo, the caption says, "A glimpse of Monday morning's snow before it melted."

Granted, the roads are a bit more hazerdous with any amount of snow in the Corvallis area, because the county doesn't own a snow plow. They really don't do anything on the highways to make them more safe when roads are icey or snowy, though I heard a rumor they might use gravel if the snow piles much more. The thought of gravel seems more hazerdous than the dusting we received. Probably a good time to add comprehensive gravel coverage!

4 comments:

  1. I braved the 1 mm we got and drove to the grocery store! I know, I'm bad. I am sad though that it didn't really snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA! Just because you lived in Alaska and Iceberg, Idaho you shouldn't be too harsh on the Oregonians!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, i bet this does not make you miss idaho! Second of all, ironically enough, we don't have any snow on the ground yet. Believe it. A-MAZ-ING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I remember when we lived in Utah, it would start to snow and I would start to cry! So I totally get it. I'm a true Californian :)

    ReplyDelete