10 October 2011

Raining equals Soup

Having grown up in a rainforest, I am unphased by a little drizzle to even the hardest downpour. In fact, I love rain! I love the sound of rain outside as I'm sitting in my snuggie on the couch. I love the smell of the earth after it's rained. I love how rain makes my garden grow without requiring me to put in any effort. Rain was an almost daily occurance during childhood and is about to be again as the fall season is upon us in Oregon.

I didn't realize that Scott would have a different interpretation of rain. Sacramento doesn't have many rainy days, so when Scott was younger his family would celebrate the weather with bowls of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Thinking that "we" will probably be craving a lot of soup this winter, I decided to try out these two recipes:

Curried Carrot Soup


Rosemary Bread


I highly recommend both for your next rainy day! Bon appetit!

7 comments:

  1. More like bowls of soup and grilled tuna sandwiches... Which we ate in our house last week when it was raining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going as far as tuna. No way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, we didn't have anything this fancy. Anything Campbell's makes is good enough for us!! Just looking at this makes me want to curl up on the couch. How funny, it is raining here today and I was just thinking, should I whip up Clam Chowder or Cream Cheese soup, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! maybe I should try the soup with some fresh sourdough bread? my first loaf is rising in the kitchen, I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing those recipes Katie. One more "I love" about rain, after living in the desert: I love how it smells right BEFORE it rains. I miss rainy Sitka!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad at least one of us loves the rain, but I am certainly a fan of soup. Can't wait to try your recipe. Also, your post the other day about accounting and brain science was so funny. I meant to comment and didn't have time. I made Jason watch too, and we both really got a kick out of it. He was wondering what you are going to school for? I was wondering that too. . .

    As far as your comment on my blog post, I don't know for sure if either the swim suit lady or the clown lady are native to France, but I assume so. I'm pretty sure both are from the south. Why did you ask?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrot, curried soup --looks delish. Will have to try!

    ReplyDelete