28 March 2011

Les Mis

Scott and I watched the Franklin Theater Company performance of Les Miserables on March 19, and we were impressed! We saw this epic story gratuit as I was reviewing the play for Elk Grove Monthly magazine, April edition.


You can tell by the set that a lot of effort and time was put into making this play a success. There were some fantastic cast members as well - a few EXTREMELY talented singers, many average high school performers (who would "performance smile" during serious moments like before shooting at the barricade), and a couple comical students. It was clear to me that Master of the House was the cast's favorite song! In my opinion their best song was One Day More.


This Reviewer's Rating:

Going brought back great memories of theater, fine arts camp, and high school musicals. Scott and I sang Les Mis classics all the way home. In fact, the first thing he did when we got back in the car that night was to turn on Glee's rendition of I Dreamed a Dream. (P.S. Have you seen Lea's audition interview with People magazine where she sings On My Own. Like!)

2 comments:

  1. So when do you write the review? Are you going to link it to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My article has been submitted. I will definitely link once the April edition is online.

    ReplyDelete