16 December 2010

Maxed Out

My brother Matt wrote our family a message on Facebook this week and said we absolutely had to watch this documentary called Maxed Out. He said you'll love it and be outraged by it at the same time. We all have Netflix accounts in my family, so by logging in you can watch the movie instantly.

The movie describes how Americans are becoming more and more in debt. Really the one thing that Americans do really well now, is not manufacturing like we used to be known for, but it's spending. And this "strength" of ours is something that the government encourages and banks exploit.

Matt and I kept chatting after I watched the movie about how thankful we are to have a very frugal dad who taught us while we were young to be responsible with money. It's a great movie! Really well put together and edited. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Confession: I never watch movies that are in blog posts because my laptop is too slow :). But, I do enjoy reading your blog. You have a style of writing that I like. So, I can't comment on this post, but I'll keep reading your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete