12 November 2010

Christmas Crafts

So my sister-in-law Sara had a great idea for this Christmas. She suggested that each of the women in the Chandler family put together a craft for one of the days that we are together for the Christmas holiday. It's like a family Super Satruday! I'm so excited!

So excited, in fact, that I've been keeping my eye open for good crafty ideas that I could facilitate. Here's my thoughts so far:

Christmas Wrapping Wreath from the red thread blog

Felt Flower Pillow from Classy Clutter blog

or
Poinsettia Pillow from Censational Girl blog
Paper Napkin Tile Decoupage Coasters from Curbly blog
Or

This Family Tree I saw on etsy and on a blog, but the etsy store now appears to be closed.


Which craft do you like best?

Do you have any other crafty ideas?

11 comments:

  1. These are all so cute! I think I am going to make that paper wreath. It looks so easy, and they could be so cute... maybe they could be Christmas presents to families as well... We shall see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all wonderful ideas Katie, but my favorite is the grey felt pillow!
    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wreath and the pillow. I might just like the wreath slightly more because I think you could make it REALLY cute with different kinds of wrapping paper.

    My family is big into wrapping Christmas presents and there are certain wrapping papers that we've had so long we feel nostalgic about them and this would be a fun way to capture that.

    While I'm commenting -- Good luck to Scott on his interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie,

    I really like the green/white poinsettia pillow. I think it's super cute and can spice up a couch :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the poinsettia pillow is beautiful! also, it's original

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the felt flower pillow. I actually saw a similar one in purple recently, and I have been coveting it since. But maybe I'll make my own now.

    I also really like the coasters. I might make some of those too.

    Thanks for the good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for coasters... and I think my vote should really count since I would be making the craft...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with all of these..why oh why am I NOT crafty? I am especially obsessed over the pillows...to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you like those pillows, my friend Kami posted this link as the resource for a pillow she made.
    http://jonesdesigncompany.com/create/5-days-of-favorite-projects-day-3/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good thing you have Chandlers to foster your craft side! I love the coasters! Really cute ideas! Wish I could join you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete