09 August 2010

Oh How I Missed You, Mac!


Excuse the fuzzy, sleepy picture. I was too excited to get dolled up and take out my own camera! So Scott took this picture on his cell phone.

You may recall that about a year and a half ago, my beautiful black MacBook was stolen. It was a sad day in the Chandler apartment! Luckily, renters insurance covered all of the costs for what was stolen. Since that day, I have been waiting for the right opportunity to buy myself a new iMac. This time I wanted a desktop instead of a laptop, because I love having a set workspace so much.

A year and a half later, the new iMac was released and BYU Bookstore was having a great sale on their inventory. Scott and I were coincidentally in the bookstore computer department, looking for netbooks to replace his three year old lap top. I had been waiting for a sufficient price drop and a place in our apartment to put a desk and computer. So when i saw the flier I was almost convinced to buy. We didn't have the desk space in our apartment, so I told Scott I would think it over during the weekend and would see how I felt on Monday. Scott said, "Yeah, right! We're going to walk away and in five minutes be back in the bookstore with your credit card." He was mostly right. Five minutes later, I was determined to buy the computer the next day with my checkbook.

On Friday I became the owner of a 21.5" iMac, free printer, and free iPod touch.

Burglars beware - our new apartment has a high tech security system! Don't even try!

5 comments:

  1. Steve is so extremely jealous. I think you should blog about the desk next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally deserve a new mac...you have been so patient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! : ) You go lady! Get your Mac on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!! PS I loved that printer, I have it in my home office. Except I got a piece of paper jammed and for the life of me, cant figure out how to get it out!

    ReplyDelete