09 April 2010

Event Planning - Invitations

BYU's Office of IT offers some great classes to students and employees. I'm suprised that more people don't take advantage of them, especially since they are free. I've taken Adobe Creative Suite classes, a Flash class, a class on how to create online trainings through a program called Captivate, and an Access class for my database skills.

Recently though I took an Event Planning class, using skills from Photoshop, Illustrator, and Googledocs. The class had a wedding theme, but could be applied to any event involving photos and invitations or flyers. We learned how to do some basic photo editing and then how to create invitations for printing. We also did some forms in Googledocs.

For the last class of the series we had to practice some of our new skills in creating an invitation for an event coming up in our lives. I suppose I could have done Scott's graduation, but he's not planning on walking, and I'd rather do something cuter. So I decided to create an invitation for a past event. What could be cuter than my best friend's baby shower for Crew!

So here is what I came up with (infomation is fake):


I had a lot of fun making it, especially since there are so many cute Baby Shower invites to get inspired! The class showed us how we could save hundreds of dollars by doing the invitations ourselves and having them printed. I can just imagine all the fun I'm going to have with these new skills... work events, birthday parties, random parties, announcements, christmas cards. The options are endless!

5 comments:

  1. Super CUTE- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! That is way cute. I should have had you made my baby shower invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really cute Katie! (ps - Crew's nursery is AMAZING too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beyond impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you had this before the shower...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete