01 May 2019

Western Caribbean Friends Cruise

In February of this year we went on a Western Caribbean cruise with a couple who we were friends with during our years in Milwaukee, WI. Even though I had stopped working at the beginning of February, we had budgeted and saved so that we could celebrate our hard work in residency and my job, my 35th birthday, and our 10 year anniversary which we celebrated last year. So many reasons to treat ourselves to a warm vacation!

We had so much fun! Though I was skeptical of the cruiseline, the Carnival Vista was perfect for our seven day trip. We left out of Galveston and visited Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The waters in the Cayman islands were unbelievable! And we could have spent several more days exploring Cozumel. The best excursion we did was the Amazing Cozumel Race! Our group thrived on the competition an we were able to visit areas of downtown Cozumel that we probably wouldn't have seen if we had just walked around as tourists. It was so fun to interact with the locals a little bit more as well.


If I had to do it all over again, I would go to the gym and hit the stairs before our cruise to prep my calves for the cruise stairs (elevators are unpredictable) and avoid going into Jamaica where we were either hounded by sellers or offered marijuana every few feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment