29 March 2018

Embrace the Plan

The annual general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is coming up this weekend. In preparation for that conference, Scott and I have been listening and reading the last general conference talks together. On Monday, we were listening to a general conference talk while working on a really difficult 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle at the kitchen table. I asked him if he had any questions that he was approaching this upcoming conference with in mind. He didn't have any. I'm not sure if that's something he normally does, but I like to have a couple questions in mind because it gives focus and meaning to talks when they sometimes wouldn't feel as applicable if I was only listening on the surface.

On Monday when we were puzzling, I actually hadn't written down any questions. There are so many issues running through my mind, I wasn't sure if I should jot any of them down as questions for conference. They were probably too specific, I told myself. But, I figured, why not? I'll just jot down everything I'm worried about and see if I get any inspiration for those things. I wrote down EIGHT questions! I guess I had more to ask than I thought.

Then this BYU Devotional came up on my YouTube subscriptions. I'll admit that I don't always listen to the devotionals when they come up in my notifications. In fact, to make it worse I usually will judge a devotional based on the title. But Elder Clark was President of BYU-Idaho my last year attending school. So I had to give him a listen, and I'm SO glad I did, because I felt like he said something that touched most, if not all of my questions that I had written down for conference.


His address is geared towards college students, so his crucibles of choice didn't seem entirely relevant on the surface. But because I had been pondering these questions, the words he spoke provided hope and revelation for problems I was tossing about in my mind. I hope something he said can do the same for you.

Or you could always watch General Conference this weekend and find answers there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment