17 August 2012

No Sé

It's been quite some time since my last blog post. At first that was because we had a lot going on. Scott was in Europe with his dad and brother, and I was occupying myself at home. Despite how much I rolled my eyes when I informed everyone why Scott was missing, I am extremely excited that he was able to travel Europe and especially glad that he visited Paris, even if I wasn't his tour guide!

There's another reason why I have been absent from the internet. On Tuesday I was in a car accident on my way to work. I was the driver of the third car of a chain reaction rear ender. Scary time, but I walked away with my first fractured nose and the chance to car shop again. I have been resting for the last few days, and Scott and I have been blessed with great friends who are so willing to help us in any way they can!

Most of Scott's medical school class knows what has been going on because Morgan and I were car pooling together on the day of the accident (Morgan, thankfully, is recovering well, too!). Not to mention that word travels fast in Lebanon! A few of Scott's closest buddies wrote me a Get Well Soon card with this cartoon:

It's pretty punny! If you don't get it (like me when I first read it), you may need some Spanish translation and a reminder of where my fracture is. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I hope to be fully recovered soon! Then maybe I'll feel confident enough to post a picture of my bruises and smooshed car.

7 comments:

  1. Now we really must be best friends... we've even been through trauma together! I am glad you are okay!

    Loved the card... those medical school students are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary! I'm glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO!!! I glad you are doing okay. Its a scary thing, car accidents! Take it slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is hilarious. a broken nose sounds painful and i'm sure you were pretty shaken up.

    as for your comment on my post...yes, i did delete my FB page. Just couldn't deal with it at the moment. But my blog will stay up...and hopefully i will be better about posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, did Jared pass the K-tape to Scott and show him how to hook you up? Hope it works. In some parts of the body it probably can't help much. Anywho, hope you continue to recover and I'm excited to see what hot ride you get out of the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss your posts. I reread this one today and it made me smile. Hope the recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete