20 April 2011

Sunset in Maui

Taken from our condo in Kaanapali

We have returned from paradise! Curtis, Martie, Scott, and I were in Maui the last 10 days, and we are back with tans! The weather was lovely! Eighty degrees plus most days, with cool breezy lanais and barely a sprinkle of rain the whole week. I discovered that the only way for me to get any color without burning is to use 50 SPF. It sounds insane, or for infants, I know! But it works on my fair skin, and with only one application per outing. Granted, I don't have a full-fledged Portuguese tan becuase I lack my mother's olive skin. But I didn't get burned, and that is an accomplishment!

I have plenty of Hawaii stories to blog and spur jealous comments. As I am catching up on homework, med school moving plans, and possible internship (yes?), I will be posting these funny stories throughout the coming week! (I'm also not-so-secretly prolonging these stories as I have felt a lack of good blogging stories/pictures lately and Hawaii totally makes up for that!) Something to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome adventure and loved your pictures on fb. Sending you positive thoughts on your interview this morning! May you have many more Hawaiian sunsets in your future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous, hope you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete