12 January 2011

Cream Cheese Soup

I was making myself a grilled cheese sandwich with Tillamook cheese on sourdough bread for lunch (my most recent lunchtime obsession), when I turned and saw all of Martie's printed recipes. The one on the very top was for Cream Cheese Soup. It is one scrumptious recipe! Amy made it for us a couple months ago, and then Martie and I both demanded the recipe. Staring at this recipe while toasting my grilled cheese to perfection, reminded me that I have not yet recorded this recipe for posterity's sake SLASH future meals. And what better way to do that then my blog!

Cream Cheese Soup

Ingredients
2 c chicken broth (or 2c water and 2 boullion cubes)
1 c shredded carrots
1/2 c chopped celery
1 onion, diced
2-4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
8 oz (1 pkg) cream cheese
2 c milk
1 TBL butter
1 TBL flour
salt and pepper to taste

Pour chopped veggies and broth into saucepan. Cook until veggies are tender. Add cream cheese and stir until it melts. Add milk. Melt the butter in a separate, small container and add flour. Add to soup while stirring to avoid clumpage. Let sit for a few minutes, then serve!

This is creamy goodness at it's best, and a great substitute for clam chowder if you're not a fan of seafood or don't have the ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds de-lish!!! Thank you for sharing the goodness.

    ReplyDelete