17 July 2010

SMA Quilt Show 2010

The 37th Annual Quilt Show is now on display at the Springville Museum of Art. I was at the museum for my volunteer internship Wednesday night when the Quilt Show official opened with the awards reception.

I was so impressed with the amazing sewing talent of Utah, that I had to show off some of the award winning quilts.


I loved the texture on this quilt. I think it won a blue ribbon for Best Embroidery or something similar. I no speak Quilter. Lets just say I would wrap myself in this quilt any day.


At the end of the hallway there (see white ribbon) is the quilt awarded Best of Show. Though I giggle inside thinking about poodles and Sue Silvester, the quilt actually references the more holy work of the MoTab. Supposidly this quilt took the creator three years to piece together! This makes sense to me though, because when you get close up the flowers are created from diagnals in various hues to add shading. Again, please no technical deductions for not knowing the actual terms of sewing.

There are some fun quilts in the show including the halloween quilt that was cute but not an award winner, and the everything's better covered in chocolate quilt that was also not adorned with a ribbon. I also like that Africa quilt in the corner near the Best of Show.

The show will be open from July 14 - September 1, 2010. If you come on a Wednesday during that time, you could probably see me too!

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 17, 2010

    Liked your best in show reference. the quilts are amazing! I can't imagine having the patience to finish a project like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way pretty. I didn't know the show was back. I totally wanna go see. And I no speak quilter either.

    ReplyDelete